I love people that post quotes at the end of emails. It is just something really simple that you can do, that maybe, just maybe, might make someone's day better. I think it's inspiring and I really wish I took the time to do it more often.
The other day I was reading an email and the sender posted this quote at the end of it: "It is my belief that people have the inner strength to change." I'm not sure who said it, but I think it pretty much sums up how I feel today -- Lately, I've been really thinking over my decision to specialize in working with children with hearing loss. I mean it is something I constantly think about, but also I think my externship this summer has really had me thinking about future career goals a lot. The thing that I love about my job is working with children, but also working with families. Being able to give them hope, something to work towards, and helping them find that inner strength to change. I think I love this quote so much because I'm an eternal optimist. I believe that people can always change. I believe that deaf children can learn to listen and speak. I believe in parents and I believe that they can get past all their troubles and be advocates for their children. And more than anything, I believe that can change lives and it can make all the difference in the world.
My current song on replay is: Holiday in Spain By Counting Crows. It never gets old.
My current book of the week is: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, By Steig Larson. I've been reading the Millennium Trilogy this summer and I love it. So far I have already read: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire. This one is the last one in the series. I just love series books, it always gives me something to look forward to at the end of the book (until the last one that is, of course.)
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
love: email quotes
Labels:
cwhl,
externship,
future,
holiday in spain,
inner strength,
millennium trilogy,
quotes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment