
As one of my new year’s resolutions for the new decade, I decided that I am going to start blogging again. I blogged while I was abroad in Sevilla and I loved it so much that I thought why not do it now. So this is my new blog and its all about my inelasticity and lovemarks.
What does that really mean? Well, one day last semester Sharlarose, Christine, and I were talking about how I have lots of things that I absolutely love and can’t live without My creative advertising best friend, Sharlarose said they are lovemarks – a term coined from this advertising book called Lovemarks: The Future Beyond Brands. Basically, the book is about products that “transcend brands. They deliver beyond your expectations of great performance. Like great brands, they sit on top of high levels of respect - but there the similarities end. Lovemarks reach your heart as well as your mind, creating an intimate, emotional connection that you just can’t live without. Ever. Take a brand away and people will find a replacement. Take a Lovemark away and people will protest its absence. Lovemarks are a relationship, not a mere transaction. You don’t just buy Lovemarks, you embrace them passionately. That’s why you never want to let go. Put simply, Lovemarks inspire.” – from lovemarks
And as Christine, my brilliant economics major best friend, describes it as my inelasticity - an economic term used to describe the situation in which the supply and demand for a good are unaffected when the price of that good or service changes. – from investopedia. This is caused by the fact that I love the same things, and have this unwilling ability to change --- so I go to the same food places and order the same thing, or my incessant love for dresses, and my endless love for all things pink.
Thus the name and topic of my blog is all about things that I absolutely love and can’t love without; my LOVEMARKS.
No comments:
Post a Comment